Go Fly A Kite!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Smokin...

I arrived at the beach at 3:30 (yep, snuck out once again)... And it was ON, baby. I set up and launched my 13. I walked upwind and bodydragged out past the waves with my board, went on my board down wind, then came in to do the walk of shame twice. The wind was perfect at that time. Enough wind to take me out to sea and to come back. After my 2nd time into the beach, the wind REALLY turned up a notch. WOOO-WEEE...! It was blowing 20+. Too windy for my kite and for me - I was getting lifted off the ground on my 13 fully depowered. So I waited patiently for the wind to calm down which it never did. Doo dee doo dee dooo~ I wish I had had a smaller kite so that I could get out. NUTS! I was stuck on the beach with my 13. Kitemaster T and the rest of the gang arrived down from Zeros or Leo somewhere (doing a downwinder). Man, I wish I was good enough to do that... Some day. I hope it comes soon. I often wonder how much I will improve by the end of the summer. I hope I can go upwind and be able to start doing small jumps by then. Am I being too ambitious? :-\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home