Go Fly A Kite!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

glub glub glub

Man, I got pummeled by the waves today. My entire body is sore. The board really slowed down my bodydragging past the impact zone. I even got bonked on the head with the board - thank goodness I had a helmet on. But it was fun nevertheless. I hope I get better sooner than later.

Today, I got one step past my last session. I managed to make it outside of the impact zone with the board. I borrowed a string from the 5-feet-J-Man (he isn't 5 feet, but rather he gets huge air on his kiteboard. He just gets shit from Wes about not jumping more than 5 feet - hehehe - so I've called him 5-feet-J-Man) to use as a leash which helped. But the leash detached from the board and eventually, Wes had to pick up the board and take it to shore for me (sorry, Wes). Most of the time, the board being attached to me was making everything awkward. Because of all the waves, swells, choppiness, I had a hard time positioning the board in front of me to even put my feet into the straps. Well, maybe it wasn't all the waves and the chop. It was probably my lack of skills. Mhm. In the midst of all this "interference", I managed to put my feet into the footstraps, took a big breath, and dove the kite to the right which pulled me up half way. Then the kite lost power and I dropped back down. J-Man later told me that I needed to angle the board more when I'm trying to get up. Not sure what that means until I actually do it. It's like surfing - people can tell you what to do til they're blue in the face, but until you actually do what they're describing, you don't actually get it. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I may try to go to Belmont Shores tomorrow where the lack of waves may help me actually stand up on my board and ride it for at least 5 seconds. That will be my goal tomorrow. Try to ride the board for at least 5 seconds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home