Go Fly A Kite!

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Well, THAT sucked...

Today, I decided to take people's advice, go down to Belmont Shores, and risk getting stung by stingrays (Belmont Shores supposedly has lots of them) to see if I can get on the board down there. I'd been told that there won't be any waves to pummel me into the sand. So after surfing that morning, I packed up my gear and decided to just go for it. I got down there at about 1 pm and waited for the wind. There were probably about 20-25 other kiters waiting, with their kites set up. I waited, and waited, and waited... Soon, 4 pm rolled around but NO WIND! Just my luck!!@#! And Zuma wind line was reporting 15-18mph wind! WTF, man! I drove all the way here, hoping to be in conditions that would let me get on my board. This isn't what I signed up for, man... After talking to a few other kiters about the lack of wind, I decided to pack up and go home. Yes, well, THAT sucked. I drove back to Zuma later that day to see kiters having fun. Aww man.. I want to do that! So I decided to just learn at Zuma where the Monkey Air guys hung out. At least, I would know people there who would keep an eye on me while I struggled in the water. :-\ Who cares about sharks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home