Go Fly A Kite!

Monday, May 16, 2005

The Kiteboard God has taken another...

Okay, so last night, I dreamed that I was riding upwind, shredding the waves on my kite. I was able to water-start, ride out to sea, jump over waves, ride back upwind, do cutbacks on waves, etc.... This dream now signifies that this kiteboarding addiction of mine is starting to get out of hand. A few months ago, I was dreaming about surfing, riding big waves, and drooling over new surfboards. It's now switched to kiting. Don't get me wrong, I still surf in the mornings and have fun when I'm catching waves, but when the wind kicks up, I will be the first one out of the water to get on my kite. What else am I supposed to do when it gets windy and the waves are blown out? :-P

I hung out with Kite Sheriff at Starbucks for a few hours last night. A cool cool guy. With his help, I hope I'll be jumping and shredding it by this time next year. He says kiteboarding will change my life, as it has changed his. Hmm.. I've heard the same from surfers. :-\ Kite Sheriff has been surfing since he was 15 but he now hardly surfs. He does, however, kites every chance he gets - which is almost everyday. I wonder if this will happen to me as well...

Will it be windy enough to kite later today? I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home