Go Fly A Kite!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

San Quintin - kiting heaven...

I'm finally back home and recovered.. sort of. I left last Friday for a kiteboarding trip to Baja and got back late Tuesday night, then off to San Francisco for a conference. My flight was actually Tuesday afternoon, but I decided to blow off the flight so that I could stay down in Mexico to kite one more day. Hehe.. Yes, such a loyal trusty employee, I am.

I've come back with some minor injuries though that are preventing me to kiting or surfing for a few days - couple of blisters on my hand that ripped from the kitebar - now they're infected, a couple of cuts on the bottom of my foot from stepping on a rock on the beach - I'm limping now, a BIG 10 inch rash across my neck from the wetsuit and the helmet strap (yes, it looks like a big ole hickey across my neck), and tendonitis on both my elbows from kiting 5 days straight.

It was all worth it though. My kiting has improved tremendously. I can now get up and going on my goofy side very comfortably, and come back into the beach somewhat. On my last day, I even started going upwind. Sure, it felt awkward, but I still did it - which is all that mattered. I was so happy that I was laughing all the way into the beach. Of course, no one saw, but hey, next time. I even rode a couple of waves while going downwind. Accidently, of course. :-) But it was fun while I was on the wave.

I kited Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. MAN, it was kiting paradise. We had miles and miles of beach to do downwinders on and get picked up.

I've mentioned before that Mojave was kiting heaven. But I change my mind now. San Quintin is kiting heaven. Mojave is up there though. But since we need a boat to do downwinders at Mojave, I'd have to go with San Quintin.... I'll be dreaming about the place for a while. I can't wait til the next trip back down to SQ - fourth of July weekend. I've already cleared my calendar. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home