Go Fly A Kite!

Friday, April 08, 2005

Helmet Girl!

So, I am now Helmet Girl. I met the Kitemaster T last night for the first time when I picked up my helmet. Black Gath helmet with visor. I felt like Darth Vader when I had the helmet on and the visor down. Hehehe. Master T even sold me his wooden beater kiteboard for CHEAP! I'd never seen a board like that before but he says that it's good enough for a beginner, so it's good enough for me. (I'll post a picture as soon as I get my digital camera fixed) Master T is the most hyper guy that I've ever met. Seems like a nice dude. I wonder if kiting everyday has made him that hyper or if he has always been that way...

So now, I have everything that I need. A kite, board, helmet, harness, lines. I just need the right wind and some mad kite flying skills to get out there and "rip it up". Mhm. Let's see how long THAT takes. I need more beach time with my kite. Kitemaster suggested that I try flying it on the sand on my butt. I heard that it's going to be blowing this weekend, so I guess I can't try this out yet. Last night, it was blowing too hard for me to put up my kite. 20-25 knots. I will just have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home